George W. Bush Presidential Materials Project, Dallas, TX
Document Type: Presolicitation Notice
Solicitation Number: NAMA-07-SEM-0004
Posted Date: Jul 26, 2007
Original Response Date: Sep 24, 2007
Current Response Date: Sep 24, 2007
Original Archive Date:
Current Archive Date:
Classification Code: X -- Lease or rental of facilities
Naics Code: 531190 -- Lessors of Other Real Estate Property
Contracting Office Address
National Archives and Records Administration, NAA, Acquisition Center, 8601 Adelphi Road, Room 3360, College Park, MD, 20740-6001, UNITED STATES
The United States Government announces its intent in procuring the services of a developer for the development of a presidential material records storage facility to be leased by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) for its own use. The development must be of sufficient size to accommodate the following requirements:
* This solicitation is for a new single-story, contiguous, turn-key facility (site and building). The Facility is to serve the National Archives and Records Administration?s (NARA?s) needs for the George W. Bush Presidential Materials Project, Dallas, TX .
* The overall size of the Project Site for a new Presidential Library must be at least 60,000 BOMA usable square feet. Of that space, approximately 8,400 square feet must be suitable for office activities and outfitted for general office usage (Class A). The remaining approximately 51,600 square feet must be outfitted for holdings storage (general textual, general non-textual, national security classified, and museum collections), processing areas, and general support spaces.
* The facility is scheduled to be delivered by the October, 1, 2008, for occupancy.
* The Developer must provide all management, supervision, labor, materials, shelving, supplies, and equipment (except as otherwise provided), and must plan, schedule, coordinate and assure effective performance of all construction to meet NARA requirements. The Developer will perform the construction in accordance with the design specifications, drawings, and the provisions of the lease agreement.
* Offer shall 1) be for space located in a quality building of sound and substantial construction as described in the SFO, 2) facility have all the perimeter 100 foot setbacks and building have a potential for efficient layout, 3) be within the square footage range to be considered, and 4) be in compliance with all of the Government?s requirements set forth in the SFO. This can be a new building, or a renovation to an existing building.
* The facility and site must meet all applicable local, county, and state building and fire safety codes, as well as generally meeting the NARA Office of Presidential Libraries, Architectural and Design Standards for Presidential Libraries, Part 3.
* Lease term will be a Base Year (starting October 1, 2008), and Five (5) Option Year (to September 30, 2014) renewals, as operating, full service and below prospectus level.
* The proposed facility and site must lie within 25 miles of the center of intersection of U.S Highway 75 (North Central Expressway) and Lovers Lane, Dallas , TX:
* The Solicitation for Offers (NAMA-07-SEM-0004) will be offered on or about August 24, 2007, and will be due on or about September 24, 2007. The SFO will be available as electronic files at THIS WEBSITE. Additionally, any updates or supplementary, public information will be posted on this website throughout the developer selection process.
All questions about and expressions of interest in this solicitation should be directed to the contact listed below.
Ronald C. Noll
National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road, Room 1150
College Park MD 20740
fax (301) 837-3657
Point of Contact
Ronald Noll, Contracting Officer, Phone 301-837-3648, Fax 301-837-3657, Email email@example.com - Ronald Noll, Contracting Officer, Phone 301-837-3648, Fax 301-837-3657, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Place of Performance
Address: DALLAS, TX
Postal Code: 75205
Country: UNITED STATES
There is a potential upside for researches who applaude and for those who are critical of the adminstration of George W. Bush. Those who support him will have a library nearby. Those who feel this nation has strayed from its path under this administration will have the documentation nearby for utilization in critiques and academic papers about how government should not be done in the USA.