SUGGESTED SUBJECT LINE:
RE SB 792 - HB 2268 Market Valuation requirements for public toll authorities projects in DFW region is last straw
SUGGESTED TEXT FOR EMAIL:
ADDING "MARKET VALUATION" Requirements to public toll authority's public transportation projects and elimination of Amendment 13 from SB 792 are DEAL BREAKERS for the voters. We'll remember those who allow this to happen when the PEOPLE VOTE next time.
"Please INSIST that the Trans Texas Corridor unquestionably be INCLUDED in the moratorium by RETAINING Amendment 13 in SB 792! We're counting on you TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!"
The NCTCOG's RTC and many local elected officials serving on the RTC descended on Austin arguing for the DFW region (NCTCOG area) to be exempted from the 2 year moratorium. Legislators in other districts fought to keep their citizens protected. In our region we have to trust TxDOT and the RTC.
I am writing to tell you that citizens in the DFW area are upset. Allowing MARKET VALUATION to be applied to public toll authorities projects in this region is the LAST STRAW. We've are taking note and rembering the names of elected officials who sold the public out by fighting to protection citizens in the North Central Texas Region from bad CDA contracts.
Members of the RTC and local elected officials only get one vote when you run again for re-election. The people get thousands of votes. Most of the voters in this region differ with the RTC on use of surplus toll revenue to fund highway projects. Most of the voters in this region differ with TxDOT on raising toll rates higher than necessary to retire the debt and maintain the roads in order to generate billions of dollars of surplus toll revenue to use on other projects.
Citizens are outraged that the Texas Legislator has refused to seriously address Public Transportation funding problems.
We are angry that you refuse to stop diversions from transportation funds to non-transportation uses.
We are angry that instead of indexing the gas tax to keep up with inflation, you avoid addressing gas gouging and propose a temporary 20cent suspension of the gas tax. That is pandering rather than problem solving. Twenty cents a gallon for three months does not address air quality in non attainment areas. It does not help us if we are forced to pay high tolls for 675 miles of stragetic highways in the DFW area.
Applying Market Valuation to public toll authorities is the last straw. Fight for us or be prepared to face our opinions and fury when you come back to your district and ask the voters to re-elect you.
[YOUR TELEPHONE NO.]
Send this message to State Senators from NCTCOG Region:
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Send this message State Representatives from the NCTCOG region:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
The above form letter can be cut and pasted into your e-mail.
1. Open another browser window, open your e-mail, choose compose.
2. Highlight the text in SUGGESTED SUBJECT LINE of this form letter and hold down the "control key" while holding down the "c" key to copy the text in your clip board.
3. Move your cursor to the SUBJECT FIELD of the open e-mail form on the other browser window.
4. Hold down the "control key" while holding down the "V" key to paste the text into the form of your e-mail.
5. If you want to change any of the text in the SUBJECT LINE, you can use your delete key or type over existing text with your new message.
6. Highlight the text in SUGGESTED TEXT FOR MESSAGE of this form letter and hold down the "control key" while holding down the "c" key to copy the text in your clip board.
7. Move your cursor to the MESSAGE FIELD of the open e-mail form on the other browser window.
8. Hold down the "control key" while holding down the "V" key to paste the text into the form of your e-mail.
9. If you want to change any of the text in the body of your e-mail message, you can use your delete key and/or type over existing text with your new message.
10. Type over the [YOUR NAME} with your actual name
11. Type over the [YOUR ADDRESS] with your actual address
12. Type over the [YOUR TELEPHONE] with your actual telephone number
To copy the e-mail addreses of the state senators and state representatives who represent districts in the NCTCOG - North Texas DFW Region:
13. Highlight the e-mail addresses and hold down the "control key" while pressing the "C" key to copy them into your clip board.
14. Move your cursor to the TO: field of the e-mail message open in the other browser window.
15. Hold down the "control key" while pressing the "V" key to paste the e-mail addresses into the TO field of the email message.
16. Send your message.
IT IS RECOMMEND THAT YOU SEND MESSAGES TO 1/3 OF THE LIST AT A TIME TO AVOID SPAM FILTERS.
The Arlington Texan, a portal to news and coverage of issues and events of and about Arlington, Texas. DFW Regional Concerned Citizens is a sister-site of Grassroots News You Can Use. Visitors can subscribe to issues-specific and county specific action alerts using a simple form on the site. About Air and Water focuses on DFW Regional air quality and water/gas drilling issues. We welcome your feedback.